How to Use Polygonal Lasso Tool in Photoshop

 


How to use Polygonal Lasso tool in Photoshop

Learning curves, right?Up till this point, I have been creating logos and illustrations with the same tools. So, if you have come across some tutorials or been influenced by any of them, here are some tips that you can apply to your own projects:

Favourite tool, experiment, get it wrong, go back to the drawing board, don't get stuck in a rut!

Consider the impact a tool can have on your art.

Never think a tool will make a logo "easier".

Being new to an application is not an excuse to stop innovating.

Look at other applications and their icons.

Stop shooting for perfection. (Almost) all tools have imperfections.



Create a System for Processing data.

Stretch your knowledge and come up with your own shortcuts.

Forgive yourself. We all make mistakes.

Don't use something, use it the way you want to use it.

Learn to be critical. Know when to call your tools "quirky" and when to call them "great".

It takes courage to do what you want to do. But doing what you want is not that much different from what you are doing now. (Just now, you are coming from Photoshop, now you are trying to find a font for your letterhead. You did not start from scratch.)



Visualise a better, simpler way to achieve your goal.

(You'll know when you have got it.)

Want to improve?

Maintain focus on the goal.

You can always get better.

Step 3: A simple logo design

I always strive for perfection, so I have decided to make a caricature of some popular brands.

E.g.: I love the logo of my favourite ice cream shop: LAK. I can imagine the delicious dulce de leche flavour. The font has been carefully chosen by the owners. Even though it has nothing to do with my art, I would like to use it for my logo. I made sure I worked on it for hours, developing every single line of it, just to make it perfect. But I was worried that it might be too "busy". So I have simplified it by bringing the logo closer to its basic form.

Sketch2Pixles $30.99

Cablestrip $19.99

Sketch3Pixles $29.99

Sketch2Pixles $29.99

Cablestrip $19.99

Drawn & Quartered $23.99

Hello Waffle $23.99

.Save this logo to File:To-Do Logo.png

I liked the close similarity between this logo and the logo of the media company Hello Waffle. I want to use their font for my art, but I also want to show some respect for copyright. I haven't found a good free font for this font, so I have decided to use Drawn & Quartered. I think this is the most versatile graphic font available for iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post