How to Use Spot Healing Brush Tool in Photoshop

 




How to use Spot Healing Brush tool in Photoshop

(Found via newthreads )! first major post here:I love, love, love, love the idea of multiple suns. The idea of them looking almost synchronous, with the same size and intensity, is a very nice one. For this purpose, I had to use anamorphic proportions. I took all four circles (the "regular" suns) and combined them in the image to create the middle one. So you can easily see in the image above that the middle "star" is getting larger and smaller, but all four suns are overlapping each other. So if you use my xkcd example again, you can see that the regular sun is also getting larger and smaller but the "stars" are too small to show it. Now let's create a new layer:One of the problems with this image is the perspective, and so I don't really want to draw an "anchor" for the center-point (which for this purpose should be the "third sun"). So I simply move my mouse to the point in the distance (the "center sun"), and then move my mouse again to the point in the middle of the image, in order to reorient the points. With the images position like this, I can start drawing the arcs again, and by doing so, I can create a new path of stars, by drawing a path from the "third sun" through the other three "stars".Then I took the four paths of stars and merged them together. There should be two arcs for each sun, so there should be 8 stars in total.Then I added a grid (see above) to separate the arcs, and create a "light-beam" (here I used a pattern as a guide to create a very nice and recognizable "light-beam"):Then, I focused on each of the arcs. You will see in the "painting" below that each one has a different color. I guess that this was done simply to make the picture more interesting (or to give more variety). Here are the four approaches that I took:The last step is to color each arc differently. I think that if I were to redo this image, it would probably be much more organized (which is another reason why I wanted to have this particular image) (see the above scene again):

(Thanx Tom Verheul !)

I made anamorphic images with the wrong proportions, to show the sun as 4, and the 3 other circles as 8. You can see that here : 3 and 4, twice for "3" and "4"

around these circles will be 4 and 8. Please take my message and correct your image. You can still make anamorphic images with a different perspective. Just use a rotation curve instead of this rotation curve, and you can make anamorphic images with a different perspective : 18, 24, 32, 40, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 104, etc. You can find that here . Below is another example of an anamorphic image. The 3 circles (left) are being rotated around the 4 (right). Please check it out. You can see that some shadows may disappear and some other areas might get darker. Please fix your image.

(Thanx Nicole)


The warp speed

I wanted to achieve was fast as the eye was moving in the scene. To create this effect, I used a "rotate 2k" function and some creative control over the speed of rotation. You can see how fast the image is rotating on the viewport when you are rotating the viewport:

Note: when you create a warp speed on an anamorphic image, it will also create a track of pixels. If you see a trace (a pixel), it is a pixel on the track and the star will appear there.

Once I had the speed I wanted, I used my new tool to warp the 2k values around the star:

If you hold down the right click in the image you see the following image:

Note: if you hold down the left click in the image, you see the following image.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post